About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Do not try this at home, we're what you'd call 'experts'!"


 Mr. Bear and I took an impromptu road trip to Seattle to catch the Mythbusters' "Behind The Myths" tour this weekend. It was really fun. Adam and Jamie tell hilarious stories, and they did some fun little experiments on stage and generally messed with the audience.


We drove over yesterday morning, went to the afternoon show, had dinner with a friend, and turned right around and drove home. It made for a long day, and it was the baby's first road trip, but it was fun. There's no one else I'd rather go on a last-minute road trip with than my husband. Today is the three-year anniversary of our first date.

If you're looking for something to listen to on your next road trip, may I suggest the audiobook of "Ready Player One", as read by one Wil Wheaton? It definitely helped pass the time and keep us awake, and is just a really fun book in general, what with all its pop-culture and geek-culture references.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to attend. I'd love to see them in person. And, I'm seriously so glad I found your blog, homemaker, geeky, PNW? What more could I ask for! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go see them if you get the chance! It was totally worth the eight-hour round trip! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...