About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Suicide Peas

My poor overworked Mr. Bear. Between work and school, he has no time to do anything. He very gallantly cleaned out Butters' kennel last night(it was pretty stinky), and after that was too exhausted to move my peas down off the rack he had placed them on. This morning he woke me as he was frantically pulling his clothes on, apologizing for not moving the peas, as they had tumbled off the rack in the night. I hurriedly pulled my clothes on as well, and at 5:30 in the morning we were trying to repot them as best we could in the cold rain. Here's what they look like now.



Not a very pretty sight. I've been informed peas are hardy and probably wont all die from the shock of it.

The aftermath:


Poor peas.
Let's remember them in happier times.



Look, a peapod is forming!

There are still several blooms and pods on them. I just hope they don't all wither and end up in the compost bin.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...