About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Celebrating a new home, and a dinner recipe

The week has been full of exciting change, new homes, and adorable dino-shaped sandwiches! Have a look:

After many happy performances at the Lion's Lair, that chapter of our story is written, and we are embarking on an exciting new leg of our journey at The Spotlight. It is gorgeous and huge and theatrical and everything we've been working toward. We all feel very lucky that they want us, and the February 12 show is going to be amazing!



















I felt like indulging in a little whimsy the other day, so I pulled out my dinosaur-shaped sandwich cutter and made bronto-wiches for Mr. Bear and I. His turned out lovely, I accidentally cut off the head of one of mine.
























In the interest of not wasting ingredients, I tore up the leftover bread into bite-sized pieces to make into croutons for soup. The soup being a canned tomato-basil doctored up with seasonings and minced garlic.



































I bagged the bread with a dash of olive oil, some seasoning, and garlic, and shook to coat. Then I spread the bread out on a sheet of foil and baked for 5 minutes at 375 degrees.





The bread was nice and crispy.






















Served with homemade croutons and a bit of shredded cheese. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...