About Me

My photo
Lapsed anthropologist-turned-burlesque performer and post-modern punk housewife/homesteader living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with a hunky husband, gorgeous daughter, adorable corgi, fluffy rabbit, and three clucking fabulous chickens.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24

I am now officially 25 years old.
Other notable March 24 births include Harry Houdini,Clyde Barrow, and Alyson Hannigan. Notable March 24 deaths include Queen Elizabeth I, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and Jules Verne.


On March 24, 1603(the day Queen Elizabeth I died), James VI of Scotland became James I King of England. In 1837, Canada gave African men the right to vote. In 1923 Greece became a republic. In 1973, Pink Floyd released "Dark Side of the Moon". Last year, Bhutan officially became a democracy. On the darker side of things, the Exxon Valdez oil spill and the Jonesboro Massacre both occurred on March 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...